Before You Buy
What is the purpose of the PawTracker?
The PawTracker is one of the world's smallest and lightest tracking devices with an easy-to-use mobile app, putting your pet’s needs and location right at your fingertips - allowing you to locate your pet in minutes and track their activity history on your mobile device. If you ever worry your four-legged friend could get lost, the PawTracker is available to put your mind at ease.
How does it work?
The PawTracker uses 3 different types of communication to determine a location and show that location in the app: GPS, GSM and WPS.
GPS (Global Position System) - Provides time and location information in all weather conditions, anywhere on or near the Earth where there is an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites.
GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) - Protocols for second-generation (2G) digital cellular networks used by mobile phones. We partnered with T-Mobile so we can provide data service through our monthly and yearly membership plans. Good news! You do not need to be a current T-Mobile customer to use the PawTracker.
WPS (Wi-Fi Positioning System) - Used where GPS and GSM are inadequate due to various causes including multi-path and signal blockage indoors.
How do I use the PawTracker?
There are many good uses for the PawTracker - pets, children, elderly... even vehicle and shipment tracking! You can attach the device to any standard pet collar, waist belts, bag straps and more. Once the device is connected to whatever you want to keep track of, you can log in to the mobile app and start tracking it! Here is an example of how to attach the PawTracker to a standard dog collar:
Will it fit my pet?
In most cases, yes! The PawTracker is one of the smallest, and lightest, user-friendly GPS trackers of its kind. Plus, with the stylish colors we offer; your dog or cat will have the coolest collar on the block!
Will the PawTracker work in my area?
The PawTracker currently works in the United States. We hope to bring our service to the rest of North America, Europe, Asia and other parts of the world in the near future. You can check the coverage map to get a better understanding.
Will the PawTracker work with my phone?
The "ReachFar" application runs on any iPhone, iPad and iPod touch running iOS 6.0+, or any Android device running version 2.3.3+.
Is there a warranty?
Yes, there is a 30-day money back guarantee.
Well, it all sounds great! How much does the PawTracker cost?
Awesome! You can learn more about payment options and plan pricing here.
- Waterproof & Shockproof
- Low Battery Alert (Real-time battery level shown within the app.)
- Adjustable Geofence & Wi-Fi Fence Settings
- Works with iOS & Android
- Three Stylish Colors: Silver, Gold and Blue
- Device Ships Pre-Configured and Works Out-of-the-Box!
- Dimensions: 47mm x 50mm x 15mm
- Weight: 40g
- Acceptable Exterior Temperature: -4°F ~ 140°F
- GSM Network Frequencies: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- GPS Locating Time (Cold Boot): 30 sec.
- GPS Positioning Accuracy: 10-15m
- Battery: 400mAh (2-5 days battery life with adjustable power settings.)
- Standby Time: GSM - 300 Hours (12 Days) | GPS - 60 Hours
Unboxing your new PawTracker
The PawTracker comes securely packaged with an attached collar lock and USB alligator charging clip. Before first use, please:
- Charge PawTracker for a full two (2) hours.
- Take PawTracker outside where you have a clear view of the sky.
- If PawTracker is off, press and hold power button until all lights illuminate (about five (5) seconds).
- Place PawTracker on ground or table and leave for 15 minutes.
Download the App
Login to the App
Use the 'Device ID' (found on back of PawTracker) and password you were emailed after signing up for a membership plan to login to "ReachFar" on your mobile device.
Can I track the PawTracker from a computer?
Yes - please visit this page and follow these steps:
- Select the British flag to change language to English.
- Login using your device ID (found on back of PawTracker) and password.
You are now ready to start using your PawTracker!
The app says my PawTracker is offline, but I have charged it for at least two hours.
Sometimes a reset is required to refresh the on-board computer and clear the memory cache of the PawTracker.
Please try the following steps to power cycle your PawTracker:
1. Charge PawTracker for two full hours.
2. Take PawTracker outside where you have a clear view of the sky.
3. Push button in middle of PawTracker three (3) times fast. (This will turn off device - red and blue lights blink three times.)
4. Wait 15 seconds.
5. Press and HOLD PawTracker button down for five (5) seconds. (This will turn on device - all lights will illuminate.)
6. Place PawTracker in a secure position in view of sky and leave for 15 minutes.
This will re-calibrate the device. The location should be accurate within 10 to 15 meters.
The app shows my pet is a mile away, but he's right next to me! What gives?!
Please remove any 'Wi-Fi Fences' in the 'ReachFar' app and perform steps 1-6 above to power cycle your PawTracker.
It seems like my PawTracker runs out of battery quickly. How can I extend its battery life?
This all depends on the usage case of each individual device. What determines the PawTracker's battery life is the activity level of your pet, along with the battery settings you've chosen inside the 'ReachFar' app. We recommend setting the GPS "Interval time" to 60min until emergency situations -- in which case you can change the tracking information immediately within the 'ReachFar' app as long as the PawTracker has a charge.
My question was not answered.
Please, contact us here - we are happy to help!